Saturday 5 January 2013

Matthew's made-up prophecies?



Most liberal scholars of the New Testament teach that Matthew deceitfully invented a prophecy, fulfilled by the Messiah, out of thin air:

Matthew 2:23  And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

They declare that nowhere in the Old Testament is the Messiah called a Nazarene, let alone by more than one prophet.  Even scholars at the world famous Oxford University teach this.  There is of course no truth to this claim and it is yet another proof that no matter how intelligent one is in their flesh, they will not come to the light but, rather, hate it; they would sooner call the Lord Jesus Christ a liar than even begin to admit the possibility that He is the Son of God.
But, let us observe as the Word of God defends itself:

Isaiah 11:1  And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots…
Jeremiah 23:5  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
Zechariah 3:8  Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.

In Isaiah 11:1, a clear prophecy of the Messiah, the word translated ‘Branch’ is the Hebrew word ‘Nezer’ (or ‘Netzer’).  The other two passages (among others), though they use a different word, the meaning and imagery is the same and is therefore translated as the same word in English.
Dr. Gill notes several Jewish sources to conclude that these verses were ‘a prophecy owned by the Jews themselves to belong to the Messiah…who as he was descended from Jesse's family, so by dwelling at Nazareth, he would appear to be, and would be "called a Nazarene, or Netzer, the branch"; being an inhabitant of Natzareth, or Netzer, so called from the multitude of plants and trees that grew there.’
Strong & McClintock’s Cyclopedia states that ‘Jerome mentions [this interpretation] as that given by learned (Christian) Jews in his day’.  

The only reason to deny such a beautiful and awesome fulfilment of God’s unbreakable words is a desperate need to deny the Lord Jesus Christ, to ignore the truth and run to hide in the shadows of death.  But, though they deny His glory now, their knees will not be able to stand before Him at His appearing; they shall fall before the wounds in His feet and be judged most terribly.
May God have mercy on your soul if you are one such false teacher.

Proverbs 19:21  There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

1 comment:

  1. I am giving a testimony of how i become rich and famous today… i was deeply strangled up by poverty and i had no body to help me, and also i search for help from different corners but to no avail… i see people around me getting rich but to me i was so ashamed of my self so i met a man on my way he was very rich and he was a doctor so he told me something, that if i would like to join the illuminati brotherhood, and i think over it though out the day so the next day i looked up and i keep repeating what he said to me, and i make up my mind to join the illuminati, today i am so proud of myself, because i am a great man today, well know in the world, rich, famous so if you are also interested to join the illuminati, you have to  email: illuminatioilmoney666@gmail.com
     call or whatsapp +2348166545531 join the illuminati and enjoy good life with you and your generation


    I am giving a testimony of how i become rich and famous today… i was deeply strangled up by poverty and i had no body to help me, and also i search for help from different corners but to no avail… i see people around me getting rich but to me i was so ashamed of my self so i met a man on my way he was very rich and he was a doctor so he told me something, that if i would like to join the illuminati brotherhood, and i think over it though out the day so the next day i looked up and i keep repeating what he said to me, and i make up my mind to join the illuminati, today i am so proud of myself, because i am a great man today, well know in the world, rich, famous so if you are also interested to join the illuminati, you have to  email: illuminatioilmoney666@gmail.com
     call or whatsapp +2348166545531 join the illuminati and enjoy good life with you and your generation

    ReplyDelete